Have you ever been somewhere,and suddenly have a big reminder of your loss?
I know, I know - You never ever Forget!
But, sometimes they can be a little further in the back of your mind.
These are some of the triggers I find bother me the most:
- Small infants, baby carriers in public and strollers ... I really melt every time I see a sweet tiny baby and always wish I was able to carry my sweet boy with me.
- Baby aisles at stores - I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, and looking at something totally not baby related.. turned around and realized the baby food and such was right behind me... which got me thinking that if Jake had been born on time, and was 41/2 months old... he'd be about old enough to eat baby food... sadness... as we continued through the store... we decided we should get some baby wipes for the kids who seem to always need them for dirty hands and faces... I almost broke down in tears thinking that I should have some with me... that if Jake were here I would always have baby wipes with me...
- Other people announcing their pregnancies
- Sometimes looking at other people's pictures of their babies makes me sad
- As happy as I am to read other people's success stories of their preemies coming home from the hospital.... especially micro-preemies... a part of me aches all over again - wishing it was Jacob who was doing so well and coming home from the NICU.
What catches you off guard and makes you sad? Please share them with me. What helps to relieve them?
If you would rather not share them in my comments, please email me at Jessica.Stillloved@yahoo.com.
Have a Great Monday night and don't forget to stop by Tesha's Treasures tomorrow for the Bereaved Mommies blog hop... the Link is blue on the top right hand side of my page.