Music that speaks to my soul:

I think of my sweet angel many times a day.. more than I can count... but sometimes songs make me think of him more... sometimes my thoughts are happy, others make me cry.  Music is such a powerful outlet...that says exactly what we are feeling... I've picked my top five favorite songs after Jake's death. 

This first one was played at his funeral a little over a month ago:
Heaven Song by Phil Wickham


I really love this song for what it says... "you said you'll be coming for me, coming for me soon... oh my God I'll be ready for you... I can't wait to join the angels and sing my Heaven Song"

I know Jake is with the Angels and is happy running through the green pastures in Heaven.


Next on my list is one that makes me cry pretty much every time I hear it.  This song was supposed to be played at Jake's funeral,but for one reason or another, the radio the funeral home provided quit working for this song... they didn't get it fixed until closer to the end of his funeral... and skipped this song.
 Safe and Sound by Matthew  West

I have always loved this song, ever since Payton was a baby... it was so very fitting for Jake too.  I was still very glad to hold him, and hope that even though he's in Heaven he likes his name, and that he knows that his momma couldn't wait to meet him and the reason why his mommy prays. :)  He was the answer to my prayers.

Third on my list of songs that make me think of Jacob is:
Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks

"my love will fly to you each night on angels wings, godspeed, sweet dreams" "God hears amen wherever we are... and I love you."  Those lines just melt my heart and send me into a ball of tears every time. This song was originally what my mother loved for Payton, but after Jake passed away, we both thought we would love it for Jake too.

My list turns to hymns for number four.  I know we will be together again in Heaven one day. I can't wait to see my sweet Angel again!

When we all get to Heaven


Number five is newly special to me...
Farther Along
Brad Paisley

"Often when death has taken our loved ones,
Leaving our home so lone and so drear,
Then do we wonder why others prosper,
Living so wicked year after year...Farther along we’ll know more about it,Farther along we’ll understand why;
Cheer up, my brother, live in the sunshine,
We’ll understand it all by and by."

I hope these songs have brought you some comfort after the loss of your sweet angel like they have me.  Some make me smile thinking about seeing Jake in Heaven again one day, and others make me cry... but all of them comfort me in one way or another.

Comments

  1. I just clicked on your link from Playing With Angels and your site has brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

    Teresa
    Playing With Angels
    http://www.playingwithangels.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infant and Child headstone ideas

Ordering Jacob's headstone

Flowers for his funeral