When there is Hurt, there is a Healer



Christian music has played a huge role in my life as I have been grieving.  I heard the song above many many times before Jake passed away and it was one I knew the words to, yet never really heard until after Jake passed away.  One day, in God's perfect timing I had been visiting Jake at the cemetery and was very down and out, missing my baby boy, I got back into my car to go home sobbing, and this song was on.  It says "I'm not home yet, this is not where I belong... take this world, and give me Jesus... this is not where I belong."  "Where I Belong", Building 429

It is a reminder to me that this world isn't our permanent home.  This journey here on earth will one day end and we will be in our true home, with our Heavenly Father and our sweet babies and other relatives.

Also, this song has just found it's way to radio and I have come to Love it.  
It's called 
"The Hurt and the Healer" by MercyMe 
They lyrics are as follows:
"Here I am , what's left of me, where Glory meets my suffering, I'm alive even though a part of me has died, you take my heart and bring it back to life, I fall into your arms open wide, when the hurt and the healer collide."

There are so many families everyday affected by the death of a loved one.  I pray that each feel the love of the Lord and know that he is always there, no matter how bad life seems.  

Comments

  1. Wow I love that first one I have never heard it until now! Music really helps me also! Sometimes when nothing else will music will sooth my soul. I am glad God bought you that song right when you need it. He is so faithful to meet and help us. Saying a prayer for you now!(HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I do too. Thanks Tesha for the hugs. God is wonderfully faithful and I'm so thankful for all he does to let me know I'm not forgotten. Many prayers for you and your family as well.

      Delete
  2. Amen. I love that song by Mercy Me! It's amazing that God always brings a song, book, or something into our life at the exact moment we need it. Much love <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is Awesome! He always knows what I need and when. <3 Much love back! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infant and Child headstone ideas

Ordering Jacob's headstone

Flowers for his funeral